Réservation en ligne

Arrivée
Départ
Nombre d’adultes
Disponibilité
Book now
LANG
DeutschEnglishFrançaisالعربية繁体中文Русский
Histoire
En savoir plus

Une histoire riche

Une hospitalité de longue tradition. L’Hôtel Schweizerhof Zurich a ouvert ses portes en 1876 et est dans les mains de la famille depuis 1971. Depuis plus de 140 ans, notre établissement accueille des clients du monde entier. Il combine le charme classique du passé au luxe contemporain et à un service convivial.

Une histoire riche

1847
1876
1883
1885
1893
1908
1918
1935
1947
1977
1992
2007
2016
2016 (Kopie)

1847

The railway is booming as a means of transport and big stations are being built in Europe's cities. 

Zurich railway station is opened and attracts wealthy travellers from all over the world.

The first Grand Hotels are built in Zurich.

1876

The architects Heinrich Honegger-Näf and Julius Bosshard are building the hotel at 93 Bahnhofstrasse and 7 Bahnhofplatz. 

Opening of the Hotel National.

Bahnhofplatz becomes a distinguished business location and entrance to the boulevard "Bahnhofstrasse".

1883

The hotel consists of 130 rooms with 200 beds and 5 bathrooms on the floors. 
It has a lift and a café-restaurant. 

Change of name to Grand Hotel National.

The fountain on Bahnhofplatz was replaced in 1889 by the monument of Alfred Escher, the builder of the Gotthard railway and founder of Zurich Insurance.

1885

The Moorish hall on the corner of Bahnhofplatz and Bahnhofstrasse is built. 

The hall is a sight in Zurich and the venue for many banquets, dinners and meetings. 

The newspaper “NZZ” wrote in April 1886 that the Pope and Bismarck would arrive at Zurich railway station. An entire floor had been rented in the Hotel National for the honorable visit.

1893

Das Gebäude an der BahnhThe buildings at Bahnhofstrasse 91 and Lintheschergasse are integrated into the hotel. 

The hotel now consists of four originally separate buildings

The first electric trams run in Zurich.

1908

Conversion of the hotel: The neo-classical arches on Bahnhofstrasse are replaced by an Art Nouveau façade

Opening of the headquarters of the Kuoni travel agency at the corner of Bahnhofstrasse/Bahnhofplatz and other shops.

1918

Change of name to Hotel Schweizerhof National.

The new sandstone façade in Art Nouveau style has been preserved to this day and has been listed as a historical building since 1978.

1935

The Bernese artist Alex Walter Diggelmann (1902-1987) designs the tourism poster for the Hotel Schweizerhof. 

The motive is still used today as a logo and as such it is inseparably linked to the history of the Schweizerhof. 

Meanwhile, this poster is so rare that it is neither in the poster collection of the Federal Government nor in that of the Museum for Design in Zurich.

1947

Renovation of the hotel interior: a few rooms have their own bathrooms.

Opening of the bar as an "oyster bar". Parts of the sandstone façade on the ground floor and first floor are replaced by marble slabs.

The renowned Zurich architect and cultural sponsor Otto Streicher is taking over the property from the Swiss cooperative bank.

1977-1979

1977: The precious sandstone façade is carefully renovated and placed under a preservation order

1978-1979: The hotel is rebuilt over 14 months. CHF 15 million are invested for this purpose.

The Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich becomes Zurich's leading four-star hotel with central air conditioning and TV’s in all rooms.

1992-2001

1992 -1997: First soft refurbishment of the hotel rooms, installation of a new heating and air conditioning system, reconstruction of the lobby, salons and offices.

CHF 8.6 million investment

2000 -2001: An additional CHF 14 million is invested in the renovation of all rooms and bathrooms.

2007-2015

2007: In addition to the renovation of the façade for CHF 1.6 million, ongoing technical and environmentally relevant renovations are being implemented behind the scenes. 

2011: The Schweizerhof Bar is renovated and the foyer and lobby are modernised.

2013 -2015: CHF 3.2 million are invested in connecting rooms and the conversion of the 4th floor in the new design.

2016-aktuell

Step-by-step conversion of the rooms and gradual conversion of the rooms into an innovative design.

2016: CHF 2.3 million are invested in the extension of the inner courtyard and some rooms as well as the integration of the Boutique Gym.

2016-aktuell

Step-by-step conversion of the rooms and gradual conversion of the rooms into an innovative design.

2016: CHF 2.3 million are invested in the extension of the inner courtyard and some rooms as well as the integration of the Boutique Gym.